Part road, part mountain, and part world traveler, the Bell XR Spherical is the helmet that can keep up with the smorgasbord of riding styles that may pique your interest. Luxury features such as the Fidlock magnetic chin buckle snaps effortlessly in place, and premium padding offers all-day comfort. The high-end ventilated construction brings you ample airflow, and top-of-the-line safety features give you peace of mind. The Spherical Technology powered by MIPS helps reroute impact forces away from the brain. Light and airy like a road helmet, yet offering the full coverage of a mountain bike helmet, the XR Spherical is ready for any adventure you can dream of.
- Lightweight bike helmet versatile enough to go from dirt to road
- Integrated MIPS offers protection against rotational forces on impact
- Spherical Technology helps redirect impact forces to provide an additional layer of protection
- Overbrow Ventilation ushers and pushes air through the air-channel for maximum ventilation
- Float Fit system is minimalist and lightweight with an easy-to-turn rubber dial for adjustments
- Fidlock is a magnetic buckle that is easy-to-use, saves time, and offers an effortless, secure fit
- Ionic padding is made from quick drying materials that prevent the growth of odor-causing bacteria
- Sweat Guide pad pulls moisture away from the brow pad to keep sweat out of your eyes
- Summer 2022 model
Multi-directional Impact Protection System (MIPS)
MIPS Brain Protection System is a helmet-integrated, low-friction layer designed to reduce rotational motion transferred to the brain from angled impacts to the head.
Illustrations explaining BPS from MIPS Brain Protection System on Vimeo.
Spherical Technology’s ball-and-socket design, powered by MIPS, helps redirect impact forces away from the brain by allowing the outer liner to rotate around the inner liner during a crash.
Progressive Layering is the process of engineering a helmet liner with variable EPS foam densities to better manage the transfer of energies after certain types of impacts.